Why would you want to be a work at home mom (or dad)? Many individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit are getting on board with the idea of a home-based business, which often pairs the convenience of running a business from your home with a low startup cost.
Some folks look to franchises, others to network marketing [network marketing business], also known as multilevelmarketing, and others start a business based upon their own expertise, such cake making, wedding planning or travel savvy information.
What are you good at? You might be surprised with a little brainstorming!
Some folks are looking for work-at-home opportunities because they are frustrated with their current working conditions. My wife and I were motivated to look at being our own boss when she returned from maternity leave and was informed that her position had been "eliminated" and her services were no longer needed. Many loyal employees get their "pink slip" termination letter each year.
Just listen to the news! Every day, some corporation lays off hundreds or thousands of workers to protect their bottom line.
But in our case, this situation was a blessing in disguise for several reasons. One, it forced us to look at other options. Being our own boss was very powerful! But interestingly enough, when you think about it, do you want to be around to raise your own children or leave them in the hands of a stranger.
The early learning experience that a parent provides is invaluable and you will never convince us that making a great salary (much of which goes to child care anyway) outweighs the advantages of being home to nurture your children.
So do you think it is time to take your destiny into your own hands?
Want to be a work at home mom or dad? Here's what you can expect:
* The opportunity to do something where you get to use your creative talents, writing skills and job experiences, as well your passions.
In our case, we both had backgrounds in the criminal justice system. So when we found a home based business opportunity that matched our job experiences, we were ready to go - and never looked back!
* Quality time away from the day-to-day responsibilities to kids, spouse, home. This business takes discipline. You have to commit to blocks of time to get your business running smoothly. In doing so, you have your own quality time to pursue your creative talents and a break from the routine of being a house wife or husband.
* The satisfaction of doing something for yourself that provides fun, a feeling of accomplishment and income for their families. Many individuals who are not working feel that their talents are being under-utlilized and are not making a contribution to the family. Your own business allows you to spread your creative wings and at the same time generate some "moola."
* A flexible job that can be done anytime from home (or anywhere) without a schedule, bosses, or even customers.
What we have enjoyed most in our business is job flexibility. Many workers these days are searching for jobs that give them "flex-time." Enjoy the ultimate experience by being a work at home mom (or dad). Your the boss! You set your own "flex-time." And in some opportunities, you don't even have customers, just visitors to your website that monetize your efforts!
Work from home, your favorite coffee shop, the library - you decide!
* A real online business that requires only basic computer skills and provides a comprehensive support/training system to help you succeed.
We have to tell you, neither of us had anything but basic computer skills. With the right work at home mom (or dad) business, you only need basic compute skills and the desire to succeed! If anyone had told us that we could build our own website, we would have laughed in their face. But now, we enjoy the fun and challenge of running our own site! Even our ten-year-old son gives us some wise advice!
* Control of your own finances. When you become a work at home mom (or dad) you begin to generate your own income. This is very powerful. You no longer become dependent on your spouses income. You suddenly are making yet another valuable contribution to the family.
* And most of all... the chance to be there for the kids when they need mom (or dad).
As I mentioned earlier, the opportunity to be there to nurture your children is invaluable. Whether it is an opportunity to take advantage of a learning moment or just to comfort them when they get emotional or hurt, being a work at home mom (or dad) has no equal!
Click on the graphic below to hear from folks who are living the dream of being work at home moms (WAHMs) (and dads)!
Get Your Free 85 page Work at Home Moms Master's Course by clicking on the graphic below. Our gift to you!